Fitted Kitchen Appliances. If you are purchasing a new home, you have probably already chosen a few fitted kitchen appliances for your house plan. Often fitted in your kitchen, these appliances make a seamless appearance and are part of your permanent construction. This is your greatest asset; they are almost invisible hence allowing you to concentrate and focus on other house design features that can be created in the room.
Fitted Kitchen Appliances. The very fact that they blend-in with any décor makes them popular since they add value and convenience to the house.
Fitted Kitchen Appliances & Design…
The term fitted appliance is misused or thrown around loosely referring itself to any appliance or machine that is fitted into cabinetry or preexisting countertops. There is nothing wrong with the definition per se, but to dig deeper at the crux of fitted appliance design, there are subtle distinction you ought to be aware of. When it comes to maneuverability, most kitchen appliances are readily available in varieties of built-in designs.
1. Portable – Also known as freestanding, these appliances can be transported completely, making installation and positioning easy in a number of ways. For example ranges and dishwasher that are attached at the far end of a counter-system are unattached to the actual-construction.
2. Slide in – This is the misnomer, although you may also have a refrigerator or range seemingly fitted into the kitchen, it is a portable unit that is simply slid to fit into a pre existing nook. It appears permanent, but it is actually transportable, giving the best of both-worlds; the appearance of stability without any commitment.
3. Built in or Fitted Kitchen Appliances – Units are literally fitted into place, for instance a stovetops or a wall oven fixed into the counter tops (sometimes these stovetops end up taking the look of a big open grill surface), maximizing space & efficiency while cooking.
Instructions on How to Measure for Fitted Kitchen Appliances…
The best approach to avoid any potential problem is to accurately measure the appliance’s or device’s intended location before you buy. Fitted Kitchen Appliances. Measurements are imperative where you cannot make adjustments.
1. Measure the width of the available space (place the tape measure at the farthest & run it across to the opposite-edge)
2. Measure the depth of the space available
3. Measure height of the space available
4. Compare the measurements of the space to the exterior measurements of your appliance you’re considering to buy
Installation of Fitted Kitchen Appliances…
There are some Fitted Kitchen Appliances, such as ranges and dishwashers, which must always be built or fixed into a kitchen; they are simpler to use and look sharper. Microwaves for instance, have become a popular `built-in’ appliance installation. By building or installing the microwave into your cabinetry you are no longer resting-it upon the counter & taking up your valuable space. On the other hand, some modern innovations are hidden washing-machines. You can throw these in a separate room or in the closet, but you can also fit them below a counter top so as to give a more spacious and usable area. Better still you can fit them inside your cabinetry system hence concealing them with the door swing.
Last but not least fridges can also be fitted into the kitchen so as to optimize space by creating cabinets above and below, whilst smaller unit can simply be fitted into a cabinet.
Give us a call at DM Design today on FREEPHONE 0800 808 5457 find out more about Fitted Kitchen Appliances and to get a FREE consultation with a helpful member of our team. Or Simply complete the enquiry form on this page.