How to Choose The Best Kitchen Worktop For Your Home. The kitchen worktop is an important part of any kitchen renovation. Worktops are highly functional but they also have a dramatic effect on the aesthetics of the kitchen. A good countertop should be long-lasting and strong enough to withstand frequent use, including spills or contact with hot pan. Knowing how to choose a kitchen worktop is an integral process when renovating your kitchen. The best worktop will fit your lifestyle, your budget and your aesthetic taste. Looking for a kitchen countertop? Well, here are tips on how to choose the best kitchen worktop for your home.
Assess your budget. Your budget is the key determinant when choosing the Best Kitchen Worktop. High-end materials, such as granite and quartz, can cost over three times as much as laminate tops. Even though low-end materials seem irresistible due to their low cost, expensive materials will guarantee quality, durability and elegance.
Selecting the Best Kitchen Worktop can Make the Design of Your Kitchen…
Consider your aesthetic taste, all worktops will fulfill their primary function which is to provide a work surface. However, where they differ are their aesthetic appeal. Both natural and synthetic worktops come in a wide variety of finishes. Solid surface and laminate tops are available in nearly any pattern or color. Natural tops like granite and wood can also vary widely in appearance and designs. If you are unsure of the best finish for you, you can consider other finishes in your kitchen. Matching the worktop with the kitchen wall, backsplash and cabinets will deliver a more cohesive aesthetic. If you are planning to sell your house soon, choose a more subdued worktop finish. Bright, loud or unusual finishes might turn off prospective buyers.
Best Kitchen Worktop Choices For Your Home. Choose the countertop material. Perhaps this is the biggest decision when it comes to choosing a countertop. Appearance, price and durability will vary between materials. Here are some of the best kitchen worktop materials.
1. Laminate: This worktop consists of a veneer affixed to a wood core. Best Kitchen Worktop Choices For Your Home. It is typically the most lightweight and inexpensive of all materials. Laminate countertops come in a range of colors and finishes.
2. Solid surface: This countertop is made from a combination of acrylic and polyester. Unlike laminate worktops, solid surface tops can be sanded if damaged or stained. Also, they fit together more seamlessly compared to laminate tops.
3. Granite: Granite is one of the most durable countertop materials on the market. It can withstand scratches and heat, and have the natural, beautiful appearance of stone.
4. Engineered Stone: This worktop material consists of 93 percent quartz particles. Best Kitchen Worktop Choices For Your Home. It comes in a wider range of shades than granite and boasts a nonporous surface that can withstand scratches. It is easy to maintain but is very expensive.
5. Ceramic Tile: This material is durable, inexpensive and easy to clean which makes it a good choice for worktops for the average homes. It can take hot pans and comes in a wide range of color, texture, design and price.
DM Design Can Help Advise on the Best Kitchen Worktop For Your Home…
These tips will help you pick the right worktop for kitchen. Before choosing a certain material, consider the pros and cons of each. Make sure you choose a material that requires little maintenance and care.
Give us a call at DM Design today on FREEPHONE 0800 808 5457 find out more about Choosing the Best Kitchen Worktop and to get a FREE consultation with a helpful member of our team. Or Simply complete the enquiry form on this page.