Bathroom Lighting Ideas. When it comes to lighting of the house interior then the bathrooms are the place that is given least consideration compared to other parts of the house. People usually invest less in bathrooms. But nowadays as it has become a place to recharge and relax, the lighting requires extra thought. Here are some of the bathroom lighting ideas that you could use for your bathroom.
Top Bathroom Lighting Ideas to Use for your Home…
1. Task Bathroom Lighting: This type of lighting gets top consideration because it is ideal for illuminating the face and head for grooming. One of the common mistakes which the people make is that they put the recessed ceiling fixtures directly over the mirror that cast shadows on the face that makes it quite difficult while grooming. The vertical scones and fixtures that are mounted on the either side of the mirrors are best for casting light evenly.
2. Ambient Bathroom Lighting: This type of lighting is a substitute of natural light. It is supplied by a central fixture mostly that is a surface mounted ceiling light. For this, chandelier or pendent lamp is a good option. Another great option is the cove lighting which is a rope lights that is hidden behind the molding that is dropped several inches below the height of the ceiling. It adds soft glow around the perimeter of the bathroom.
3. Ascent Bathroom Lighting: It is a small recessed spotlight that is directed as a beautiful powder room basin or a piece of decorative art that helps to create another layer of light in the bathroom. A recessed shower fixture can also be used to highlight the fixtures or tile work of the bathroom that makes them sparkle.
4. Bulbs: A crisp white light bulbs helps to render the skin tones most accurately. The halogen bulbs are great for its gold standard. Halogen of low voltage varieties is compact especially and the smaller regular bulb gives a nice sparkling effect. The halogen bulbs are more expensive than the standard incandescent bulbs but it can last three times more. The newest compact fluorescent bulbs are also very great that offer 10 times more efficient as compared to the regular incandescent bulbs.
The Right Bathroom Lighting Can Really Make The Difference…
5. Dimmers: The dimmers grant absolute control over the lighting. Bathroom Lighting Ideas. In a small bathroom, dimmers provide all-in-one task, ascent and ambient lighting. It also helps to converse energy. Nowadays, the dimmers work for every type of light source.
6. Work of Art: This type of lighting works well in the bathroom of contemporary style. The modern spaces can be full of hard edges and it can feel cold but the round globes around the light fixture add a touch of playfulness.
7. Candlestick Scones: This type of Bathroom Lighting ornate details. But it is very important to add another source of light such as recessed lighting or overhead fixture to get ample illumination for grooming and applying makeup.
8. Light Tubes: This type of lighting enhances the sleek bath vanity by providing soft light. You can try multiple light switches to customize the amount of light.
Give us a call at DM Design today on FREEPHONE 0800 808 5457 find out more about Bathroom Lighting Ideas and to get a FREE consultation with a helpful member of our team. Or Simply complete the enquiry form on this page.